Thursday, December 06, 2007

wakenabeb!


I came home close to midnight
lugging 2 birthdays cakes (well, half of each),
2 bags of gifts.
and umbrella, cos it was raining madly in the day.
Luckily I was sent right to my doorstep.

So how was 5th of Dec for me?

It was as sweet as my 2 birthday cakes combined.
And then some.

As a child, I hated my birthday. in December.
in Kindergarten, i couldnt have a birthday party in class.
In primary school, i couldnt get sabo-ed.
i'll be at home, because it's de school holidays.
And it seem to be customary tt 5th of Dec
is a rainy day. (no exception this year).

Mum would always put in effort for my birthday,
maybe because she knew how i envied my siblings
and their during-the-school-term birthdays.

This also meant I never had a birthday surprise,
or a birthday party as a child.

However, yesterday, I had a chance to go back in time
and fulfil those unfulfilled wishes of mine. =)
Twice. For the fact that I'm always the one
planning kickass parties/surprises for my loved ones,
yesterday was a gd one pulled on me.
well, two actually.
i blame the weather. made me non-alert
and on hibernation mode.

let's start with the first one.
after lunch, back at work,
i was led to believe that the lock
of my counselling room was gone
(someone removed it, yada2)
and that the room was locked by the school's key.
so i panicked, thinking i had no right
to lock the room using my own lock.
i went ard looking for the person who
removed my lock.
10 mins later, my fren brought me up to the room again
pretending to want to try to open the door again,
in case it was just jammed.
as i opened the door,
2 other colleagues of mine were inside de room.
was greeted by a lemon cheesecake
and a birthday song.
i was seriously in shock, abt the lock tt is.
classic, but i fell for it.
told u it was the weather. haha.
thanks for the surprise and the prezzie guys.
everyone noes my fetish where bags are concerned. =p

on the other hand, thruout the day,
that bf of mine refused to tell me where we are going
for dinner or wad we'll be doing for that matter.
so met him after work,
and he said we're going to vivo.
cabbed there.
i believed him when he told me that we are going to
de 4th floor and climbing up some ladder.
*roll eyes* i mean, he's doing his attachment now,
and tt's wad he does. checkin the wadevr thingy in buildings.
so thot he got some special permission or sth.
upon reaching the 3rd floor,
he immediately bought 2 tickets to sentosa.
den i was just, plain lost.
not knowing wad to expect.
it even occured to me tt he was wandering aimlessly
cos he got no plans.
and he won even give me my bday present in his bag.
we walked ard for de longest time,
found myself at siloso beach,
where tents were already up for the upcoming Zoukout 07.
no idea whether i was blind or in a daze,
but i swear i didnt see de 5 ppl under the shelter,
until when i was a few metres away,
and saw the pretty colourful lightsticks.
that was when i was greeted by a cheery birthday song,
cake and candles again.

i was so touched by the whole thing.
the effort his bestfrens made to create that
"5 yr old birthday party" atmosphere tt i totally dig!
i mean, u shouldnt feel old on ur birthday
even tho technically u r turning a yr older.
i learnt tt the 2 of them and Is stayed up til 3 am
to buy and plan everything.
and that two of them lugged the
drinks, ice, party materials, everything from de carpark
which was like so far awayyyy.
i even had a birthday hat yo!
i had myself a cookie monster cake. hehee.
even the marshmallow/rootbeer/mineral water game,
although kental, was loads of fun,
almost-vomiting moments, and not forgetting,
mine and Is' 200m sprint to the nearest toilet
after downing glasses of rootbeer. sprint.

it was all i wanted and more.
thanks guys.
i'm so touched la.
pls do get ur well-deserved rest eh.

besides that, it was touched by a few other things.
my first birthday wish came all de way from japan -
love u soff, missing u loadssss!!!
and all de smses, calls, frenster msges, emails, msn wishes
i got. thanks a lot k. raellie appreciate it =)
and mum's touching bday 'card' tt made me cry because
of the content.

and all de prezzies i got. gee thanks sey.

and today would be a small makan session at home.
=) and sat-mon, a belated bday getaway to kl. yeay.

and to the bf of mine, who was so stressed up
the few days before my bday,
and even on the day itself, becos it
was raining cats and dogs and elephants and monkeys,
thank u dear.
i love how the day turned out,
and the prezzies! hehehe.
you noe me sooo well aye?