Wednesday, January 02, 2008

starting 2008. with a bang.


i decided to spend the end of 2007 with Is.
but as it turned out....

i met him at de stroke of midnight.
2008.
how does having supper at the coffeeshop opposite my place,
with him, his parents, me, my grandma and bro sound?
like the party of the yr rite? ahaha.

and the story goes:

i had half day on new yr's eve.
finished at 1.30,
had lunch at coffee beans with colleagues (or FRENS). k, private joke.
anyway, Is wasnt granted half day,
so i had to wait for him.
went to tampines library,
which closes at 5pm.
so at 4.45, i was freshening myself up.
to realise tt i had 5 missed calls.
and a msg which read

"i had an accident. call me"

still thinking it was a joke,
i called him and regarded him in jest.
but of cos, it wasnt,
and i was just numb.
talking to liyana, listening to her
reassuring me tt everything's gonna be fine.
liyana, u have such a calming and
soothing voice u noe?

i made/dragged/zombied my way to bedok,
passed my helmet to habz,
who listened to me rambled on
while walking to her place,
den walked back to mine.

spent de rest of de day on my bed,
checking my fone every other min,
and restlessly watched tv and flipped
thru some mags.
had updates from his mother.

thank gdness.
no internal injuries.
onli superficial ones,
which requires stitches.

those who know me would know
tt i have a terrible phobia of blood,
i will just freeze at the sight of it.
so looking at Is post-accident,
and post-outpatient consultation at nuh,
although all bandaged,
de torn blood-soaked jeans, and drops
of blood on his tshirt
had me a tad quiet at times,
and rambling of nonsense at another.

i lay in bed tt night
thinkin thru de what ifs.
what if his visor hadnt been down?
what if he wasnt wearing proper footwear?
what if he hadnt had a sling bag with him?
what if there were other vehicles ard?
what if.....
i scared myself to sleep.

de next day,
armed with his favourite
fruit juice, chocolates and homemade fruit tarts,
visited him.
and just asked him question after question.

maybe to others who have been riding bikes
for a long time,
their mentality would be tt accidents are common -
just whether it is major or minor ones.

but for me, it wasnt.
and one thing i got from all this,
is tt,

it is at times of adversity,
would one realise how important and precious
someone is in their lives.

i learnt tt much abt my relatioship with Is.

and with tt lesson etched in my mind,
i started the yr 2008.